10/29/12

Ask...Answer...

I've been following your blog - and love it.  I have a quick fashion question - and I've been googling/pinteresting/magazing and can't find the answer.  I thought maybe you could help.  I have a couple pairs of straight jeans that I love but cannot figure out how to wear them into fall/winter. One in particular are too bunchy to go into boots - but I don't want to go sockless with flats this winter... 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks! Missy
(a dedicated reader)

Missy,
It's all about the oxford or a loafer.  The key to finding a shoe that works with straight jeans is wearing a silhouette that covers the top of your foot.  You need this in the shoe because the cut of the denim won't cover your foot.  An oxford/loafer is different than a ballet flat where the entire top of the foot is exposed, which why socks looks silly when worn with a flat.  You see too much of the sock, and that makes your foot look wider than it really is and creates a frumpy look.   
Here I chose to go with the oxford, one with no heel and one with a heel.  In both outfits I am wearing sock so my tooties don't freeze in the Minnesota winter, but you can barely see them if at all!

Jacket - J.Crew similar Here
Jeans - Old Navy similar Here
Shoes - Target similar Here

Blazer - J.Crew buy Here
Blouse - J.Crew similar Here and Here
Jeans - Old Navy similar Here
Shoes - Target similar Here


If you have a question, I have an answer.  If you are a member of this site feel free to write in and ask to see any of your fashion conundrums worked out.  Not already a member but need help, click "join this site" and start following, then ask away!  Email me at...

lifeinfashionwithlindaisy@gmail.com

Don't forget to sign up to be a member of this blog site.  Click "join this site".  We will have great Holiday give aways for members only! Also sign up to follow me on Twitter for all the latest shopping steals and deals as I walk the malls.

No comments: