8/28/13

Spooks, Gooks, and... Antiques?

I don't know if I would say I stumbled upon this great little downtown shopping area, or.... got dragged by my sister, mom, and aunties....  

I joke, I would follow these ladies to the ends of the earth in search of great shopping.  I know I have spoke of this before, but my mom and aunts are the shopping queens and all I have learned is from them.  I think it's safe to say that my teen years and 20s were an apprenticeship of shopping and finding style, these ladies know how it's done. 
 

When my mom was in town this last weekend my fantastic sister organized a day in downtown Anoka.  For those of you who may not know, Anoka is the Halloween capital of the United States.  Google it!  One might think with a status like that you wouldn't find cute boutiqes, amazing antique shops and fun restaurants; but you would be wrong!  I had so much fun shopping this great little town.  In fact, we did not even have enough time to get to all of the stores!


 A little overview of the store fronts in downtown.

 
 Link up {here} to see more of what Anoka has to offer and events!



We took this advise seriously!  See below my first and favorite shop we wandered into...




 They don't have a website, but you can link up to their contact info {here}.












I was happy they were there!  About 50% of the store, if not more, was from local vendors, crafters, and artisans.  This store embodies the shop local, shop small mission!  If you haven't seen already, there is a series of post on this blog site that features all small local business around the Twin Cities.  You can link up to those posts {here}.

There is much more to see of Anoka, but I will save that for tomorrow ;)  Check back this week as I post more pics from great stores we shopped last weekend!



No comments: